Benson Idahosa University Post UTME Invitation: Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates to the Benson Idahosa University (BIU) post UTME screening exercise for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Candidates who did not choose Benson Idahosa University in their UTME may apply. The university provides a regularization process, to change the University of 1st Choice to Benson Idahosa University, at no cost to the applicant.
Benson Idahosa University Entry Requirements for UTME Candidates
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Five credits in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level or the Senior Secondary School (SSS) Certificate or Cambridge School Certificate, which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government, or History, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Five credits in National Examinations Council (NECO) which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings; or
- Any other equivalent qualification subject to the ratification by the University Senate and the University Matriculation Board.
- In all these, the subjects required for the Joint Matriculation Examinations Board (JAMB) are English Language, Mathematics, Government or History plus any other relevant subject.
Benson Idahosa University Entry Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualification:
Requirements as in 1 above in addition to any of these
Any of the following qualifications:
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of two principal papers (at appreciable high grades) of “A” to “C” only, obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Government, Economics, History, or British Constitution or three subjects in one sitting
- with grades between “A” and “E”;
- Diploma in Public Administration (DPA) with a credit grade or a minimum of merit grade, including other Diplomas such as social works; law, International Relations, etc., acceptable by the UMB or the Faculty Board;
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology with a minimum of upper credit in a relevant discipline such as Government, Political Science or any Social Science discipline.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) with specialization in Government or any social science discipline with a minimum of Upper credit.
How to Obtain Forms for Benson Idahosa University Post UTME
Interested applicants are to visit: http://admissions.biuportal.net/ Create an account and proceed to complete their applications.
About Benson Idahosa University
At the dedication ceremony of the official opening of the Multipurpose Benson Idahosa University Faith Auditorium, the founding Archbishop Benson A. Idahosa said:
“When in 1978, God told me that I was going to build a University for the glory of His Majesty, I knew that only God could accomplish such a feat in black Africa through a man”. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City was established in obedience to the divine mandate to the founder to establish a University.
In 1978, the Lord God Almighty told Archbishop Benson Andrew Idahosa that he would establish a University for the glory of His Majesty. The Archbishop understood that only God could accomplish such a feat in Nigeria since, at that time, the establishment and running of tertiary institutions in Nigeria was the exclusive preserve of the Federal and State Governments.
However, in obedience to this divine mandate, he established the Word of Faith Group of Schools which has since become a model for the 21st century. Then on August 5, 1992, according to the Archbishop:
The Lord God woke me up at 4:00a.m., sat me up in bed and said: I told you that I would take you round the world and that I have done, and I am still doing; I told you that I would build through you, a Bible School for all nations, and I have done so; I told you that I would open up for you avenues to preach my Word on television, and I have done so; I told you that I would open an hospital for mercy and evangelism, and I have done so; Now, I am telling you to build a University and I will surely see it come to pass. And the people to help carry out this vision have been called and are already in the Ministry.
This was a challenge as he did not know how to begin and he did not have the money. In addition, Decree No. 33 was in force and precluded private persons and organizations from establishing and running tertiary institution in Nigeria. He then went to God to ask for the identity of those to help execute this project and the Lord God gave to him the names of three individuals who were already in the Ministry.
They were Rev. Professor (then Dr.) John A. Okhuoya; Rev. Professor (also then Dr.) Vincent I. Iyawe and Rev. (then Deacon) Michael J. Okagbare. The Archbishop had proposed Professor John Okhuoya as the Vice-Chancellor of the University when it is built; Rev. Michael J. Okagbare as Registrar; and Professor Vincent I. Iyawe as Executive member, and assigned them the task of actualizing the divine mandate of establishing the University.